Friday, August 10, 2012

barenaked ladies concert next week

My sister is visiting from out of state -- she arrives today.

Next week she's taking me to a Barenaked Ladies concert at Jones Beach.

When she first mentioned it, I was thinking that BnL was one f those swing revival bands that were big in the '90s -- like Cherrypoppin' Daddies, Squirrel Nut Zippers and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. But looking them up on Wikipedia, I see that they're more alt than swing. And I recognize the song "If I had $1000000," which was adapted by the New York Lottery for their ads. Sounds, from the Wikipedia article, like the concert should be fun. Unfortunately, they are all fully-clothed males. Can I sue for false advertising?

A sample:


Oh, since they also did the theme from Big Bang Theory (which I assume is how my sister is familiar with them -- she loves BBT), this post sort of fits in with the series on TV theme songs.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I know them from the songs "One Week" and "Pinch Me". I like the line "I think I'll hide out under there. I just made you say 'Under where'".

    ReplyDelete